Hey girls! Welcome back to the blog! Or if you are new here, welcome! Happy Friday! This week has been so long, even though my school week was only three days haha. I hope you all are looking forward to a lovely weekend. I have honestly been really stressed this week with starting school again and some other stuff going on in my life. I am actually planning on doing a blog post tomorrow on stress and some of my top tips, so stay tuned for that!
This week, I have been reading tons of different New Years resolutions blog posts, and I am really enjoying seeing you all take that first step towards your goals! One of the main goals I have been seeing is staying hydrated this year. This should honestly be everyone’s goal for 2019 because it is so important to stay hydrated. It keeps your body healthy, makes you feel good, and is necessary to live!
In relation to productivity, it’s essential to stay hydrated because it keeps you refreshed and full of energy. Like I was saying earlier, stress is really prevalent in my life right now. One of my tips for stress is to take care of your body! One of the main parts of a healthy lifestyle is drinking lots of water.
Today I am sharing my top 5 tips for drinking more water in 2019. Life can get so busy, and we easily forget to drink water! Like I mentioned in this blog post Take initiative with your goals this year! Let’s kick some ass this year, and accomplish all our goals, including staying hydrated! I’m here to help you accomplish all you can and be a girl boss, so I hope these tips help you out!
5 TIPS TO DRINKING MORE WATER IN THE NEW YEAR
- buy a water bottle – getting a good water bottle is crucial to staying hydrated. If you go to school, work, or anywhere during the day, you should always bring your water bottle. That way, even when you are busy, there is no excuse for not drinking water because it is directly in front of you. Buying a cute water bottle, or one that’s fun to drink from may seem dumb, but it will seriously help you drink more water from it!
- drink water when you get up in the morning – When I get up in the morning, I often forget to drink water, and get started with my day and don’t end up drinking water until after I eat breakfast. If you drink water right when you get up, you will be able to get up easier and you will be starting to hydrate your body way earlier than you normally would. It will feel so good to drink water right when you get up in the morning. Your body hasn’t drunk water for seven or eight hours and is super dehydrated. I would make it part of your routine, and fill up a glass of water before bed every night, and keep it on your nightstand so you can drink from it right when you get up.
- take water everywhere – this goes along with the water bottle tip, but take your water everywhere you go!! Whether that’s school, the coffee shop, or even your room. If you are at home, take a glass of water up to your room and keep it next to you while you do whatever you are doing. As soon as it’s empty, take a break from what you are doing and fill it up. Again, if you have your water next to you, you will be much more inclined to stay hydrated, because you won’t forget about it or have to get up and go get water.
- add lemon, fruit, or ice – if you have a hard time drinking water because it is too bland, I would recommend adding a lemon slice or infusing it with some fruit. It’s much more fun to make fixing up your water part of your routine in the morning and you will feel much more motivated to drink your water. Even adding ice to your water can make your brain want to drink water more.
- get a hydration app – if you have a hard time finding the motivation to drink water or want to keep track of how much you are drinking, get a hydration app! I would recommend Plant Nanny. I don’t currently use it, but I have in the past and it is a lot of fun. Basically, you plant a little plant, and every time you drink a glass of water, you “water” your plant and it grows. The app will send you a notification when you/your plant gets “thirsty.” It knows how much you need to drink because you put in your weight and gender. This app is fun because you get to grow a little plant and it sends helpful notifications. There are also loads of other hydration apps in the app store that are probably just as good!
- Get a reusable straw – I got a reusable straw for Christmas, and it has really helped me stay hydrated! It’s way more fun to drink water with a straw and I drink way more water faster when I use it.
To recap, drinking water is so important! It makes you feel good, it keeps your body healthy, helps you focus, and is completely necessary to live a healthy (or any) lifestyle.
I hope you found these tips helpful, and I’m going to remind you to go and grab a glass of water after reading this post! To be a productive boss babe, you need to keep your energy up and take care of your body. This doesn’t necessarily mean eating healthy or working out every day, but HYDRATION IS KEY. I mentioned this in my productivity tips blog post, which you can read right here!
Follow my blog via email or WordPress account on the sidebar to stay updated with my daily (!) posts.
Have a lovely day and I will see you all tomorrow!